Sunday, September 28, 2008

Visual Advocacy Reflection


As for my project I think it turned out well, my cartoon was slightly condenced as a result from the scanning process. However, it gets the point across. My cartoon was drawn in 4 pages including several cells per page. Also, the cartoon doesn't tell the whole story, so I used my paper to fill in the missing blanks. My cartoon tied in view points from statistics, real life stories, and the media, as it portays teens destructive decisions. I feel that it all falls into place.

2 comments:

Terry said...

It seems like kids are growing up much faster than they used to. Experimenting much earlier with drugs and alcohol amongst other things. It is hard to say where to place the blame. Is it the media? Peer pressue? Ultimately its the parents who help guide their children in the right direction and if children are given that guidance they will be more likely to make the right decisions. Sadly, kids are often left alone to fend for themselves with parents obligations to work. So I think it is just that much more important for the parent to pay attention what is going on around them and have a hand in all their childs activities.

Amanda said...

Your cartoon turned out great. I think your right about todays youth and how easy it is for them to make destructive decisions that could ultimately ruin their lives. The media plays a huge role in portraying a lifestyle to teens today that should not exist. The media is not only to blame, childrens parents are also at fault. Without being an active part in a childs life, parents will not be able to teach and steer children towards making good decisions.