Saturday, November 1, 2008

Misunderstood, (activity 2) poem

Misunderstood

When I wake up I stare at the light flickering above like fireflies in the night sky.
I don’t know why; As everything around is cold and dry.
I can’t wait to leave this place.
I can’t even see my hand in front of my face.

My feet touch the ground but the door is unfound.
As you talk to me I scream with expletives.
Again they come with the painful sedatives.
Again scared and lonely I can’t wait to leave this place.

***It’s all because of you for I am here.***

They don’t see you standing there but I know you don’t care.
You stand there screaming at me but they won’t set me free.
I wish you would stop so things would be normal.
Scared and lonely I can’t wait to leave this place.



Purpose of This Poem:

The whole purpose of the poem is an in-depth look at someone who is struggling with life but conveys it as a long troubled thought within the brain. The poem is constructed as someone speaking to someone else, but it’s not namely one person but all people. This person is locked in their head and can’t seem to escape. I chose to change specific words to scratchy and elegant text to show and convey significant meaning. The whole poem was written in a font that seems to show emotional release. The poem shows someone who is writing a letter to get out their tormented thoughts and emotions. The part I like the most is the sentence that sticks out in the middle of the poem. “It’s because of you for I am here”. It puts the whole poem into perspective and was written that way because the font that I used at the beginning of each letter of every sentence looked different, so I expressed the sentence in a more bold way.

No comments: